The IM7500 Series features include:
- All models come standard with ∞ Infinity Corrected Optical objectives (F=200) delivers bright, clear, high resolution images with superior contrast.
- Viewing heads are supplied with a Siedentopf type binocular head, inclined at 30° or a trinocular Siedentopf head inclined at 45°. Interpupillary distance is adjustable from 53mm to 75mm. A graduated diopter adjustment is provided as a standard feature on the left eyetube of all units.
- Eyepieces are SWH10X, widefield, high eye point eyepieces, F.N. 22, with a 25mm reticle mount, SWH15X, SWH20X and SWH10X-F focusing eyepieces are available as an option. Anti-reflection coated, manufactured with a large diameter lens with more optical elements and high eyepoint to reduce eye fatigue and accommodate eyeglass wearers, and come equipped with a fold-down rubber eye-guards. The newly designed eyepieces allow for a wide field of view observation, making it possible to see the whole image of an embedded resin sample.
- Infinity Corrected Brightfield/Darkfield Plan. Semi Apo BD 5X, 10X, 20X and LWD 50X objectives are standard in all units. Objectives are made with extra-low-dispersion glass and utilize new advanced multilayer anti-reflection coatings. The advanced technology used in designing and creating objectives result in an objective with a higher resolving power, higher image contrast, wider field of view, improved flatness of field, and a sharp image with a minimum of flare and ghosting. The objectives are color corrected for chromatic aberration in the red and blue regions of the spectrum and offer and exceptional flat field of view.
- Quintuple Nosepiece, side facing, with positive precision detent, click stops
- Mechanical Stage with 240mm (X) x 184mm (Y) dimensions with 50mm (X) x 40mm (Y) movement and drop down coaxial X-Y controls
- Circular Round 110mm diameter, 2mm thick metal stage plate insert with 22mm opening
- Focus travel, 9mm total, 1.0mm up and 8mm down, Rotation of fine focus: 0.2mm per revolution.
- Vertical Koehler illuminator equipped with 12V 50W Halogen bulb, Variable rheostat and automatic voltage sensing power supply are incorporated as standard
- Cast aluminum alloy body for rigidity and exceptional stability